Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Busy at Forest View and exciting training plans

The last few weeks have felt like the busiest weeks of the entire year! It is supposed to be getting quieter coming into Christmas but it seems like for us at Forest View we are completely run off our feet.

A couple of Sundays ago we held the first JB Academy training day for the new 2014/15 group. It was amazing to see our property so busy and being used for such a good purpose. The sun was shining and everybody really enjoyed using our facilities, so much that we had a lot of requests for people to come and hire our indoor school for over the winter. It is so rewarding to be able to provide a service to our community and help people be able to ride their horses when the weather is awful and dark. I love meeting new people and have them coming and going too, so the more people that use it the better!


Just recently I've started riding with a new trainer, none other than Emile Faurie. I loved my lessons with Gareth Hughes, who I've trained with for the past 2 years, but since moving further into Wiltshire it now takes far too long to travel to his yard for regular lessons, it takes nearly 6 hours out of my day. Emile is only an hour away and I immediately got along with him and his training methods.

My top horse Seigneur II (Seb) is now based up there with him, as he needs a bit of bootcamp before next year's season starts. I am absolutely determined to do a full summer of Premier Leagues, as it has taken me years to really figure him out and I really hope we can see some rewards for the work we've done. He is doing so well there and I am very much involved with his training as I travel up to ride him 2-3 times a week, which includes one lesson.

At the moment we are playing around with saddles, as he has been wearing my young mare's saddle but now he really needs his own. I have the Albion Revelation on trial, so will see how that goes. Trying saddles is such a painful process, especially with a horse who's difficult to fit. Seb is very bouncy too so something that can help hold me in a little bit is ideal!

Hopefully along with Seb at the Premier Leagues, good old Julius can come along too. He is being absolutely incredible at the moment, and working so well at PSG/Inter 1 level. He was the most amazing I've ever felt him work in our lesson with Emile last week, I am just so excited for him. A big dream for us is to do the U25 Grand Prix in 2016, given that he stays sound!

Lovely Julius takes everything in his stride :) that makes
for a very trainable horse!!
Amongst all this excitement with the yard and training, there was a sad incident involving my Grandpa which resulted in his death. It was such a shock to us all, and has been a complicated process to organise the funeral but finally, nearly a month on, we have the funeral planned for this week on the 18th. Mum has been up to her neck in work, yet is still ALWAYS available to help me with the horses and I can't thank her enough. She definitely is a supermum, and I wish I could do more to help her but she always seems to have everything under control!

Now we are thinking about Christmas and trying to relax a bit for a couple of weeks, however the horse's training at home will still continue. Chad and Bertina have the Winter Regionals to get ready for!



No comments:

Post a Comment