Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Welcome!

I feel nervous about writing again, I haven't blogged in a couple of years so I feel very rusty. The most I've written about myself since my Teen Dressage Dream blog is Facebook statuses, and even those have some censorship when it comes to what I really think.

Finally, after a few years of few ups and a hell of a lot of downs, I've decided to get my thoughts out there again. I feel like I've got myself to a good, steady and consistent place with my career and riding, which was by no means easy to reach. I don't think anything can prepare you for the psychological journey created when moving to the other side of the world at such a young age. Never once have I regretted it, but it took a lot of feeling around in the darkness to find where I belonged and what I should be doing.

Of course I couldn't have reached the stage I am at now without my wonderful parents, who have supported me so much in what I want to do. Even though I'm sure at times they felt like officially disowning me as their daughter due to health concerns from extreme stress, they had my back 100% of the way because they believed in me. Even though I had lost sight of that young teenager with such intense passion (some would call it a slight mental issue), they never did. Because of my parents I now wake up with that passion again, with the belief in myself that every day I can become better and eventually reach my goals.

So now you guys are the lucky ones (please read with sarcasm) that get to read my little thoughts on a day-to-day basis that help me (and hopefully you!) make sense of this whole dressage thing. Enjoy!

1 comment: